|create s40 prov file yourself|
Hello there, it’s been a quiet long time . Lately, I have seen many of my friends with Nokia series 40 phones searching the internet for proxy settings (popularly called prov files) for their S40 phones of specified service providers.
So I made one executable file from a batch file to compile those settings offline, so that you can create prov files yourself at the corner of your room without connecting to the internet.
This post contains download link for the prov file maker and instructions about how to use it.
You need a pc.
Bluetooth device with drivers installed.
If Bluetooth device is not available on your PC, provision should be made for a USB and another phone with Bluetooth functionality.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
DOWNLOAD PROV FILE MAKER FROM THIS LINK
1. First download the settings maker from the above links and extract it .Then install it in any folder.
2. Now double click the executable file "S40 settings maker"
3. Enter the proxy server address you wish to configure
4. Enter the port number.
5. Enter the access point name (e.g: wap.ng.airtel.com in Airtel Nigeria & web.gprs.mtnnigerial.net in MTN Nigeria)
6. When you get the message of settings compilation , go to the folder where you installed all files and search for file named "s40settings.prov"
7. Send this file through Bluetooth or infrared to your nokia S40 phone.
8. You will receive message "configuration settings received "
9. save the settings in the phone.
10. Finally, make this setting as default in your phone.
Kindly share this with friends using the Facebook Like/ Digg/ Tweet buttons, I’m sure they will like this
In my future post, i will teach you how you can create nokia prov file on your mobile phone.So, you don"t have to miss this. SUBSCRIBE NOW, and get free updates right inside your mailbox.